Monday, May 14, 2012

Yay, We're Here!


Rwanda Full day #!

Things last night didn’t all go as planned.  It seems like the fact that we took so long (thank you Canadian government) might make things difficult.  To Rwanda, it’ appears as though we really weren’t interested in the child.  There have also been a few little bumps in the road already.  So of course, I had my cry last night (which Shawn is convinced is mostly due to 36 hours of no sleep).  I am so thankful that my friend Katherine has been telling me about being inspired to “choose joy” and I really felt last night that God was wanting me to let go of trying to put everything in a little box and make it neat and perfect and just trust Him.  Seriously, look what He’s accomplished already—look what mountains He’s moved... He will take care of it all.  I am choosing not to worry.  I am choosing not to be angry with the Canadian government.  I am choosing to see where we are right now, realizing that I can rest in the knowledge that He is in control, He is a good God and I can praise Him no matter what is going on.  What Joy and peace that gives me in my heart and soul.  Thank you Lord!  Funny enough, one of the books I brought with me is entitled “Choose Joy” by Kay Warren—it was a free gift from a women’s conference I went to a few months ago (Thanks for taking me Shelley!).

So today is Mother’s day.  We got to meet our little guy today!!!!  I was so prepared for him to cry and not want to see us but it was amazing!!!  He smiles, he laughs, he hugs and loves copying.  He already calls us mommy and daddy.  When we were leaving, he waved by and said bye bye mommy—my heart melted for the millionth time.  He’s soooo happy and playful.  Not at all surprising is how amazing Shawn is with him.  They were running and giggling together in no time.  What a great dad he is!   It’s funny because I felt last night that there were a bunch of untidy loose ends and bumps in the road, but when I see what a gift this meeting was today, the rest is so forgettable.  And it will all get taken care of and in a few weeks we will come home and marvel at the amazing God we have!



Rwanda day #2

Well, neither Shawn nor I slept well.  We went to bed early because I couldn’t stay awake, but then it seems that neither of us could stay asleep.  So we’re working on roughly 5ish hours of sleep today.  Needless to say I’m hoping that there won’t been ‘not enough sleep crying’ tonight.  I look forward to giving everything over to God today and watching Him do great things.  I think for now, I’m going to try to have a little nap before it’s time to wake up :P

1 comment:

  1. I am so pleased to hear your little guy felt so content upon meeting you. What a wonderful start that is. I hope that everything runs smoother than it has been for you so far. I am sure all those misunderstandings will be ironed out and it will be easier for you soon. Oh I am so jealous (in the nicest sense;)that you are finally there. What a miracle it has been for you all to be together now- how could anyone doubt your dedication and desire, you have been through so much to get to this point. Congratulations to your family:) Hope you are able to catch up on much-needed sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete