Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pizza!!!

So, I love pizza.  We've been fed very well (and affordably) at our guest house but occasionally we venture out for walks and food.  We walked back to the African Bagel Company for lunch (it took us a little over an hour to walk there). 

While we were looking at our options, we saw they had pizza!  So we took a gamble and ordered a "small" pizza.  It wasn't small.

It was SOOO good! 
You can't tell by Shawn's sleepy face, but he enjoyed it.

Now, seeing as I'm usually the one taking pictures, there aren't very many 'normal' pictures of me... and this one isn't the exception.


On our way to the bagel/pizza place, we stopped at a market.  Let's just say that I don't think many white people visit this market because Shawn really stuck out in that crowd (I on the other hand, with my significant sun tan was able to stealthily navigate through the market as one of the natives).  They really had no problem staring at us.  We didn't buy anything but I think I would like to head back again and purchase some of the beautiful material they were selling next time we're out walking again.  It's hard to buy stuff here when you don't know what it's worth... they have normal price and then there's "muzungu" (white person) price... and they have no problem referring to you as muzungu.

On the way home, we were temporarily kidnapped by some passing children... all in all, it was a great morning.

This after noon, as usual, we got to visit our boy.  We love spending the time with him.  He's so comfortable just sitting on Shawn's shoulders or just being held by me.  We know that at almost 3 1/2 years old, he doesn't need to be carried everywhere, but it's so good for him and us to have that close contact--a really good way of teaching him that we're not just any adults/volunteers, that we're his parents. 

This is the view going down the hill to our guest house.  Every view here is beautiful... I just love the hills here (not when I'm walking up them, but you know what I mean).


2 comments:

  1. Love following each step. Praying that you will be home soon, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Juanita, you make me laugh even when you are so (too) far away. What a gift you give everyone with your positive perspective and sense of humour!

    ReplyDelete