Sunday, May 27, 2012

From Baptist to Petnecostal to the Vineyard!


So today we went to our lawyer's church.  It was a Vineyard church and even though I didn't understand a word of the sermon it was great.  I love hearing the preaching of the Word and watching the church come alive!  The dancing at the end was fantastic--neither Shawn nor I danced because... well.. we're white...  And if we dance, we dance like white people... with less than no rhythm!  But I have to say, with our son in my arms I was a-swayin and a-bopping :)

Hopefully tomorrow we'll be able to get an important signature on our court document, our travel letter, and some other stuff (hopefully the mass office exodus is over and they're all back and ready to work).

 And to end, I have some point form observations:
- Innocent LOVES being naked
- I absolutely hate the smell of B.O.
- If I ruled the world, I would make deodorant mandatory for everyone.
- There was a fantastically loud thunder storm today with tons of rain (and this time we weren't walking in it)
- People still stare at us because we're white... but now that we have a dark child they stare in a different way.
- I haven't eaten meat in about 2 weeks now (I have trust issues so Shawn is secretly eating my portions of meat--what a trooper!)
- Innocent is tall with a big toddler belly, but his waist is SO small most of his shorts that we brought might not fit... I'm glad I packed overalls!
- God is good.  I have peace.  He is faithfully carrying my burdens!

After being stuck in the rain the other day, we dried our shoes in the window... it seems this idea is international!!!

1 comment:

  1. You sound more upbeat today Juanita:) Hey, I was told that well-cooked is actually your safest option for food, and that salads and such carry more bacteria (as it is washed in water, etc.). I have tried the theory out a few times when traveling and it does seem the case in my experience. But who knows....;) My luck lately I would let you know that, you would eat meat and then get ill ha ha.
    Hope tomorrow is constructive for you and you get much accomplished in the way of paperwork and such. Does it look like you will be traveling to Nairobi after you get your travel documents? I can only imagine how eager you are to get home. The longest I have been away from my kids is two nights, so I don't know how I would do it. But, of course, it seems I always miss them more than they miss me;)Kids are resilient- it is us parents that aren't! Hang in there:)

    ReplyDelete