Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Day #3 Lovely Day for a Walk

We kinda have a day off today.  Our Lawyer is running around trying to do stuff for us so the only thing we need to do is to go and visit our little guy this afternoon.  So we went for a long 2 hour walk this morning and it was so much fun.   I love the busy streets of Kigali.  On our way home we were met with what seems like torrential rain and had to walk for about 15 minutes in it.  By the end we were just laughing because we could hardly even see.  When we got back to the guest house the staff just burst out laughing at the sight of us (we were quite the sight!!!)  I’m glad someone got to enjoy it.

Yesterday was filled with opportunities for us to see so many hurdles and watch God take care of everything.  Every office we come to to try to complete a step tells us “we’re not doing adoptions anymore” and so our lawyer has to explain that ours is still open.  That phrase breaks my heart.   I hope they will open adoptions again very soon.
We finally did get everything worked out so that the sisters could sign the Act of Adoption which is very good!  Our Lawyer is so encouraging and positive and is constantly telling us that “it’s not a problem, it will all be fine”.  That’s what I need to constantly hear!!  I am certain that our Lawyer is a gift from God.

******************************
We just came back from our visit with our little guy and he’s still cute J.  He now has a cough and seems tired and not as perky.   Yesterday he had some red marks on his arm and head and now he has a few more on his head—I’m not sure if they’re bug bites or what.  Oh, the worries of parenthood.

I wanted to share a couple of pictures from yesterday and today but the internet is just SOOOO slow going so I'll try to do that later when my patience has rebooted. 
Thanks for all your prayers!!  There are many roadblock and God is showing Himself to be Mighty!
Note:  Shawn has already pointed out about 3 spelling mistakes and now has left the room due to an unfortunate angry stare from his wife.  Please excuse all mistakes you find in my post.

2 comments:

  1. I love rainstorms...that must have been hilarious;) Except that I can imagine the roads get pretty messy with torrential rain!
    I am glad to here that things are going a bit more smoothly and that Antoine is proving a wonderful lawyer. He does seem to have a reassuring way about him. I know how he hated to convey bad news to us. Say 'hi' to him for us.
    I hope your son feels better soon. Can you get him to a doctor, or do you have to wait until you pass court?
    Best wishes for tomorrow and thanks for sharing your journey with us:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hollie! Thank you so much for your responses :) I appreciate your encouragement--I will let Antoine know you say Hi!
      I think our boy might just have a cold (I hope). An american who was at the orphanage told us that a number of the children seem to be coming down with a cold. Have a great day.

      Delete