Monday, July 23, 2012

Finding Words

I've come to the computer repeatedly to write a post this past week.  I feel like I have so much to say, to tell, but my words aren't coming.  Ezra is doing so well.  Most problems we're having seem to be normal 3 year old problems (testing boundaries & pushing limits) mixed with language barriers--so blessed... it could be much worse!
 

Couch wrestling





As for me... maybe I'm being too honest, but no matter if things are going well, or if things are difficult I've been feeling like I'm in a hole. emotionally.  I'm really having a hard time climbing out.  The smallest things seem to knock me down. 
I'm not whining... just being honest.
Hoping that I can even just go through the motions and try to be a good mom even if I don't feel it.
I need to be more patient even though I don't feel it.
I need to be slow to anger (which seems almost impossible most days).
And I need to be quick to forgive.




3 comments:

  1. I find parenting two so much more difficult than one..it is exhausting! It brings all sorts of new issues to resolve and just when one gives you a break the other is at it;) I am so happy to hear he is doing well. He looks so big and tall for three! Yes, that is a trying age for pushing and discovering boundaries. But he looks incredibly happy so hang in there Mama, you much be doing a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Hollie! Thank you so much for your words. You always encourage me and make me smile :)

      Delete
  2. I don't know you and I stumbled across your blog by accident one day. Your story inspires me to be a better person and to put others before myself. Please don't be so hard on yourself. Parenting is the toughest job there is! Hope you feel like yourself again soon. Kiss your two beautiful boys! From one Mom to another...we've all been there.

    ReplyDelete