Friday, November 25, 2011

The Silence

I set up my Christmas tree this morning. . .



When I brought out the stockings I cried. 
We are at what seems to be a stand still with the adoption.  Difficulties surrounding the fact that our boy isn’t a “true orphan” have created a big problem.  We are now going weeks with no news and seemingly no progress and thus I have a stocking for our Rwandan son that will be empty when I had all along believed and hoped he would be home for Christmas (or shortly after).  Without a doubt I know that God is All Powerful and working even when I cannot see any movement.  At Church last Sunday, the message was about seeing situations through God’s Eyes and how that can change everything.  I believe, trust, and hope but still I am sad that things are taking longer than I had hoped (actually about 2 years longer than I had hoped).  I know all the truths about God.  I know He is Amazing.  Unfortunately, I am obviously not as patient as I thought I was and my heart aches to hold my boy when apparently it is not yet time.

I have decided to use this time wisely.  I’m not going to put my life on hold waiting.  I will hope to accomplish great things for Him in the mean time.  I will become more the woman and mother He wants me to be during this time.  I will hunt down those dust bunnies that have gathered during the business and obliterate them! 

I have put off writing anything until today because this wait has been painful and longer than I had hoped.  But these hurdles are part of the process so I will share them, cry while I type and the pull up my big girl panties, find out where God is working and join Him!

Liam set up his Christmas tree a while ago.  It's difficult to see here, but it has a StarWars theme.


And then there is the manger set up.   So thankful He came.  He is my hope. 


Please pray for us & for our son in Rwanda. 
I covet your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you so much Juanita, I can only imagine how agonizing this wait it for you and your family. I really hope you hear good news soon and he'll be home with you this year:)
    Hollie XOXO

    ReplyDelete