Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I wish you could see my boy!

I feel like a proud grandma! 
Don’t worry, my 7 year old son isn’t pregnant or anything like that.  I have some pictures of our Rwandan son, and I keep them in a little album in my purse, so I’m constantly pulling the album out to show everyone pictures of my amazing little boy.  I am SO thankful that we have these pictures.  We don’t have a full official referral yet (we’re still waiting on his medical results and Ontario is requiring that he be a ‘true orphan’ and thus to adopt him we need death certificates for both parents), but we have pictures and we have hope.  My wonderful mother in law told me last week that even if something happened and we weren’t able to adopt him, that he was still her grandson because she already loves him and he’s in her heart for good.  I have times where I’m afraid that they might not be able to find the death certificates or that he might have a disease and then wouldn’t be allowed to bring him home, but then I have joy knowing that right now there is an entire church and our whole group of friends and family praying for this orphan (whether he is ours or not, he is covered in prayer—what a gift).

As of today, we have no new news ... but that’s okay.  I’ve been reading the blogs of a number of families who are in Rwanda right now meeting and adopting their children.  How incredible!!!  I look forward to when that is our family blogging, meeting our son, making our way through tons of paperwork  etc.  Until then, I have lots of work to do here in Canada.  Tomorrow we’re going to the travel clinic to get our shots ... I’ll be bringing my granny album of pictures of our son and you can bet I’ll be whipping it out to show anyone who is willing to look!
This is my granny album. 
No, I'm not a cat person, just cheap--there weren't many choices at the dollar store.

No comments:

Post a Comment