Saturday, November 3, 2012

Orphan Sunday

Eric Ludy puts words to the ache in my heart for the orphans that are all too easily forgotten. 
He puts words to the anger I feel towards those in our government who did everything they could to prevent us from adopting our son. 
He puts words to the sorrow I feel when I remember the children who are still in the Home of Hope orphanage in Rwanda... whose faces I can still see, whose voices I can still hear calling and reaching out to Shawn, calling him "Papa".
 
November 4th is Orphan Sunday.  Not everyone is called to adopt, but we all have a great responsibility to care for the orphans.  Let our hearts be continually broken for these children...
 
 
"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."  James 1:27
 
"And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on My behalf is welcoming Me." Matthew 18:5
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I so wish all those babies/kids had homes. It kills me to think of that too. Hopefully one day I can do the same thing yall did! Always glad to see Ezra doing well :)

    ReplyDelete